Cleveland Clinic 16th Annual Obesity Summit 2022 (CME VIDEOS)
The Summit has a long-standing tradition of attracting a diverse mix of health care practitioners interested in discussing innovative solutions and new strategies for diabetes, obesity and cardiovascular disease management. This Summit features diverse sessions that highlight the causes of obesity and diabetes, preventive strategies, and therapeutic management approaches designed to engage you with colleagues.
By Attending, You Will Be Able To:
- Identify methods to address the health disparities, social stigma, weight bias, and policies related to obesity.
- Describe strategies for treating obesity through nonpharmaceutical weight-loss approaches to obesity that focus on lifestyle, diet, and exercise.
- Describe strategies for the effective use of behavior-changing interventions in pediatric and adolescent populations.
- Compare the safety and efficacy data for both metabolic and bariatric surgeries and engage patients in a shared decision-making conversations about those risks and benefits.
- Compare and contrast efficacy and side effect data of pharmacologic treatments for obesity, and present strategies for obtaining insurance coverage.
- Recognize and manage obesity-related complications including cardiovascular disease, fatty liver disease, gut microbiota, male and female hypogonadism, and breast cancer.
- Discuss pros and cons of various clinical practice strategies for obesity management including primary care interventions, shared medical appointments, weight loss maintenance, and use of telemedicine and health and fitness apps.
Who Should Attend
The Summit is directed to health care practitioners (including physicians, nurse practitioners, nurses, physician assistants, and dietitians), researchers, hospital and corporate administrators, and others who have an interest in obesity-related fields, including endocrinology, family practice, cardiology, internal medicine, pediatrics, psychiatry and psychology, bariatric surgery and wellness.
|Session 1: How to Address Health Disparities|
|Healthcare Disparities: An Overview||Jamy D. Ard, MD|
|A Closer Look at Dispartiy on Obesity Management||Ricardo Correa, MD|
|Obesity Advocacy||Kendalle Cobb, MD|
|Session 2: Lifestyle, Diet and Exercise|
|Overview of the Current the State of Obesity Treatment||Christopher Still, DO|
|Integrating Behavioral Interventions Into Clinical Practice||Leslie J. Heinberg, PhD, MA|
|Exercise: What’s the Best Option for Weight Loss?||Matthew Kampert, DO|
|Diet: What’s the Best Option for Weight Loss?||Daniel Bessesen, MD|
|Session 3: Pediatric and Adolescent Obesity|
|Recognizing and Managing Eating Disorders in Youth||Ellen Rome, MD|
|Childhood Obesity: Targeting the Entire Family||Lina Alkhaled, MD|
|Management of Pediatric Obesity: Moving Beyond Diet and Exercise||Jennifer Brubaker, PhD, APRN, CNP,
Meridith Jochum PT, DPT,
Hanna Leikin, MS, RD,Erin Leneghan, RD
& Taylor N. Stephens, PhD
|Session 4: Surgery|
|Metabolic Surgery & Cancer||Raul Rosenthal, MD|
|Metabolic Surgery & Diabetes. State of the Art||Ricardo Cohen, MD|
|Bariatric Operations: Indications and Techniques||Jesse Gutnick, MD|
|Health Consequences of Obesity are Reversible by Bariatric Surgery||Ali Aminian, MD|
|Non-Surgical Interventional Therapies for Weight Loss||Matt Kroh, MD|
|SADI-S as Metabolic Procedure||Antonio Torres, MD|
|Session 5: Medical Treatments|
|Obesity: Time to Take the Bull by the Horns||Bartolome Burguera, MD, PhD|
|What’s New with Pharmacotherapy in Obesity||W. Scott Butsch, MD|
|Challenges for Anti-obesity Medications Coverage||Daniel Bessesen, MD|
|Integral Approach to Obesity Therapy – The CCF Experience||Marcio Griebeler, MD|
|Session 6: Obesity and Complications|
|Fatty liver Disease: Different stages, Different Approach?||Jamile Wakim-Fleming ,MD|
|Male Hypogonadism and Obesity||Kevin Pantalone, DO|
|PCOS and Obesity||Ula Abed Alwahab, MD|
|Obesity and Cancer||Jame Abraham, MD|
|Obesity in the Transgender Population||Shirisha Avadhanula, MD|
|Session 7: Obesity Workshops|
|Obesity of the Future: the Age of Telemedicine and Digital Care||Elena Borukh, MD
& Ninoska Peterson, PhD
|Weight Loss Maintenance and How to Avoid Weight Regain||Leslie J. Heinberg, PhD, MA
& Daniel Bessesen, MD
|The Full Cycle of Obesity Treatment: From Primary Care to the Specialist||Reena Bose, MD
& Samina Yunus, MD
Release Date: 12/5/22
CME Expiration: 12/4/24