Healthcare Code Sets, Clinical Terminologies, and Classification Systems, 4th Edition (EPUB)
By Kathy Giannangelo
Healthcare Code Sets, Clinical Terminologies, and Classification Systems, Fourth Edition, features up-to-date content to familiarize readers with healthcare’s vast and complex structure of vocabularies. With content that includes ICD-10-CM, ICD-10-PCS, CPT, HCPCS, CDT, SNOMED CT, LOINC, RxNorm, and ICD-11, this resource provides students and practitioners in health information management and informatics with an overview of each system.
Focusing first on code sets and classification systems commonly used for reporting and moving on to other, more complex vocabularies, Parts I and II of this book introduce readers to the history of the content and where it is headed in the future. Intricate systems and vocabularies are demystified through use cases and explanations of tools to access and use.
Parts III and IV highlight the use of data standards and explore how terminology and classification systems are applied in real-world settings.
- Updated content includes SNOMED CT, LOINC, and data interchange standards
- New material describing adoption and use cases provides an understanding of how the system is used in the real-world
- Breaks down complex subjects and acts as a resource for many facets of healthcare
- Publisher : AHIMA; 4th edition (January 1, 2019)
- Language : English
- ISBN-10 : 1584266732
- ISBN-13 : 978-1584266730
- ISBN-13 : 9781584266730
- eText ISBN: 9781584267553