Mosby’s Drug Guide for Nursing Students,15th Edition (Original PDF from Publisher)
By Linda Skidmore-Roth RN MSN NP
Find the information you need to administer drugs safely, accurately, and professionally! Mosby’s Drug Guide for Nursing Students, 15th Edition provides concise profiles of more than 4,000 generic and trade name drugs, including the drugs most recently approved by the FDA. Each drug monograph includes clear guidelines to dosing, administration, and the nursing process, so you’ll always be sure that you’re practicing medication safety. What sets this handbook apart is its detailed coverage of rationales and explanations, IV drugs, and the similarities and differences in common classes of drugs. From well-known pharmacology expert Linda Skidmore-Roth, this drug guide has been trusted by nursing students for more than 25 years!
- More than 4,000 generic and trade-name drugs are profiled, covering almost every drug students will administer in practice or in clinicals.
- Alphabetical organization by generic name provides quick and easy access to specific drugs, and a full-color design highlights important information.
- Nursing Process steps are used as the framework for organizing all nursing care information.
- Black Box Warnings provide alerts to FDA warnings of dangerous or life-threatening drug reactions.
- High Alert headings indicate drugs that pose the great risk if administered improperly.
- Additional drug monographson the Evolve websiteprovide information on the most recently approved drugs.
- Individual drug monographs include generic name, pronunciation, functional and chemical classification, do-not-confuse drug names, action, therapeutic outcome, uses, unlabeled uses, pharmacokinetics/pharmacodynamics, contraindications, precautions, dosages and routes, adverse effects, interactions (including drug/herb, drug/food and lab test), nursing considerations, black box warnings, patient/family education, and treatment of overdose.
- Drug Categories sections promote the safe administration of common classes of drugs, explaining the similarities and differences among drugs in the same functional class including their common side effects and interactions.
- Common and life-threatening side effects are organized by body system, showing signs to watch for during assessments.
- Coverage of IV drug administration highlights dosage and IV administration instructions, including safety considerations and Y-site, syringe, and additive compatibilities.
- Complete pharmacokinetic information includes the mechanism and absorption of the drug, as well as its action, duration, and excretion.
- Photo atlas of drug administration includes full-color illustrations showing physical landmarks and administration techniques used for IV and other drugs.
- Cross-references indicate drug information that may be found in the appendixes.
- Flexible, water-resistant cover provides durability in the clinical setting.
- NEW! Updated content covers the latest information on drug dosages, adverse effects, Black Box Warnings, nursing considerations, patient education, drug research, and more.
- Publisher : Mosby; 15th edition (July 1, 2022)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 1232 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0443105936
- ISBN-13 : 978-0443105937